Re: [XTalk] [John_Lit] Movie based on GJohn

  • Joseph Weaks
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2004
      On Aug 12, 2004, at 8:16 AM, Jim West wrote:
      > Mark Goodacre has seen every Jesus movie ever made, including this one,
      > which he talked about on his blog sometime back (if memory serves).

      The film is relatively new, released in the last part of last year.
      Here's the IMDB sheet:
      http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0377992/

      Carol Osiek, on faculty at Brite Divinity School where I am a doctoral
      candidate, was also on the academic advising committee. They took
      seminary students to go see the movie, and sung high praises of it.
      I have not seen Mark Goodacre's full comments on the film, but here are
      his initial responses:
      http://ntgateway.com/weblog/2004_01_25_archive.html#107516356973272711

      The Gospel of John film is an excellent example that the most
      satisfying telling of a life of Jesus, is one that takes AN account
      from A book.

      Joe Weaks

      Rev. Joseph A. Weaks
      Senior Minister, Bethany Christian Church, Dallas
      Ph.D. (Cand.), Brite Divinity School, Ft. Worth
      j.weaks@...