Justin Taylor and the Beginnings of Christianity Colloquium

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2004
      Listers,

      I am pleased to announce (and beg your pardon for cross posting) an online
      Colloquium with Fr. Justin Taylor of the Ecole Biblique in Jerusalem on the
      subject "The Beginnings of Christianity" on the Biblical Studies list
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblical-studies)

      Fr. Taylor's biographical information is here:
      http://ebaf.op.org/wsw/en/taylor.html

      The focus of the Colloquium will be a discussion of Professor Taylor's book
      "Where Did Christianity Come From" (Liturgical Press, 2001). It can easily
      be had from Amazon or directly from Liturgical Press. Participants are
      kindly asked to read the book in order to be familiar with the topic and
      hence pose questions both relevent and appropriate.

      The Colloquium will begin on August 1 and continue through August 14. If
      you are not presently a member of the biblical studies list you are
      cordially invited to sign up. Participants will post their questions on
      list and two or three of the most appropriate and thought provoking each day
      will be provided to Professor Taylor by the list moderator and Professor
      Taylor's responses posted to the list.

      We look forward to a very interesting and dynamic interaction and look
      forward to your participation!

      Jim

      Dr Jim West
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
      http://biblical-studies.blogpspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog

      "Wir verstehen die Alten nicht, wenn wir uns nicht gegenwärtig halten, daß
      nach ihrem Glaubensstand Gott durch den Pastor spricht" -- Adolf Schlatter