[XTalk] Re: Bethsaida, the evidence

  • Brian Tucker
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 1999
      Jacob

      I have found this book to be very helpful. I teach a class on Introductory
      Archaeology: Bethsaida as a Test Case, and I use it as the textbook. It brings
      much of the technical information from _Bethsaida_Vol._1_ (Arav and Freund)
      down to a more understandable level, though it is still helpful and proves
      copious footnotes. The index is not very helpful, but provides black and white
      pictures and introduces some of the HJ information. I also picks up the 1995-
      early 1998 discoveries, which Bethsaida Vol 1 does not have, but Volume 2 will
      have, whenever it finally arrives (any day now).

      Jacob Knee wrote:

      > Could you possibly comment on this book:
      >
      > Strickert, Fred. Bethsaida: Home of The Apostles. Collegeville,
      > Minnesota: Liturgical Press, 1998.
      >
      > Would you recommend it as an introductory text.

      Yes, I would recommend it.

      Thanks
      Brian Tucker
      Riverview, MIjbtucker@...