[XTalk] OFF TOPIC - Can someone help?

  • Jimi Fosdick
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1999
      Greetings list members,

      I apologize for posting this off topic subject, but I recieved a rather odd
      email from some crank in response to a post on one of the many discussion
      lists I participate in (I recognize the address). It is written entirely in
      Latin and my familiarity with Latin is not sufficient to translate.

      I believe there are several here who are conversant in Latin and thought
      someone my be able to translate it for me. I appreciate any help anyone can
      offer. Text follows.

      "Ridentur mala qui componunt carmina; verum gaudent scribentes et se
      venerantur et ultro, si taceas, laudant quidquid scripsere beati. at qui
      legitimum cupiet fecisse poema, cum tabulis animum censoris suet
      honesti."

      Jimi Fosdick
      Wheaton, IL