Re: [XTalk] Philo, Flaccus 36-40 belated reaction

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2004
      Jim,

      I ran across your interesting citation re. Flaccus the governor of
      Alexandria who allowed the Alexandrian mob to persecute the Jews. Do you
      happen to know if this Flaccus was the same as Gaius Valerius Flaccus, known
      by his poems, who "flourished under Vespasian and Titus. He wrote the
      Argonautica, dedicated to Vespasian on his setting out for Britain and
      written during the siege, or shortly after the capture of Jerusalem by
      Titus.