TV program

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2004
      Over on the Textweek Weblog (which I read daily) comes this note about some
      TV programming lots of folks will be interested in: Barbara Rossing,
      professor of New Testament at the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Chicago,
      will be talking with CBS Morey Safer on 60 Minutes II on Wednesday evening,
      April 14. Barbara discusses her work on the book of Revelation, apocalyptic
      theology, and the "Left Behind" book series. The 60 Minutes program will
      deal with the 12th and final book in that series, and Barbara was invited to
      participate in the discussion. Her email reported, "He asked good
      questions." Dr. Rossing's book is also reviewed in the most recent Christian
      Century. Her work argues for a deeper biblical vision of apocalypse which
      stresses God's action in and with the world, rather than believers being
      rescued from it.
      Dr Jim West
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
      http://petrosbaptistchurch.org -- Petros Baptist Church