Re: [XTalk] the film..

  • Vince Endris
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      >From: Zeba Crook <zcrook@...>

      but the fact is that
      >the NT Gospels also not blame all jews everywhere and for all time for
      >the death of Jesus (save for one small part in Matthew, and even this
      >would be a questionable interpretation).

      I do not understand how this would be a questionable interpretation other
      than the fact that Matt. might not have expected people 2000 years later
      interpreting it. However, if I gave credence to the biblical account as a
      good source for history (and/or theology), I find it hard to argue that the
      blame is not on the jews and their children. Now, I myself do not believe
      this at all and understand the blame motif in Matt. and how he uses it.
      However, if someone wanted to argue the other way, they sure have lots of
      ammo.

      Vince Endris

      Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
      http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx