allusions...

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2004
      What the devil was the allusion about when the devil was carrying a hairy
      backed baby around?

      Thanks

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Dr Jim West
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
      http://biblical-studies.org -- Biblical Studies Resources
      http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com -- Biblical Studies Resources Weblog

      "The way many young theologues are dissociating themselves from the church
      is highly displeasing to me. It is also utterly unrealistic". Gerhard von Rad
    • Bob MacDonald
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2004
        Jim asked: What the devil was the allusion about when the
        devil was carrying a hairy backed baby around?

        I guess this is a mockery of the madonna and child image -
        Satan's 'new creation'.

        Bob

        mailto::BobMacDonald@...
      • Wieland Willker
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
          Jan Sammer wrote:
          > I suspect that the expression hUMEIS EK TOU PATROS
          > TOU DIABOLOU ESTE has an Aramaic equivalent meaning
          > something like "living a lie"--but the intricacies of Aramaic are
          > beyond my ken.

          From the FWIW department:
          The Diatessaron (Aphraates) has here:
          hUMEIS EK TOU KAIN ESTE