Fw:healing stories and human rights

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27 12:25 PM
      Leonard Maluflen challenged me off-list to explain why I believed the feeding of the 4000 had the Gentiles in view. In an earlier contribution I had forwarded my reasons, as already put forward by Nineham and van Goudoever and others. In biblical numerology the number 4 represents the four points of the compass, hence stands for the world ec. etc. The feeding takes place in the Decapolis. The number 7 in 7 baskets refers to the seven nations surrounding Israel (cf. Deut 7,l; Acts 13,19)

      I believed he wanted me to answer off-list as well. Apparently this was not the case, since he already set forth his views on Synoptic-L.