RE: [XTalk] Re: Temple tax evasion!

  • Linda & Ernest Pennells
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 27, 2004
      Thanks to all for a helpful and stimulating discussion, which leaves me
      with one dangling thread:

      >I am therefore prompted to ask whether there is archaeological or literary
      evidence for the precedent of a mint being located within temple precincts
      anywhere in ANE.<

      I would appreciate any clues about where to find this needle of information
      in the literature haystack.

      Regards,

      Ernie Pennells
      220 - 50 Songhees Road, Victoria BC V9A 7J4, Canada
      http://www.lukeacts.com
      Tel: 1-250-381 5674