Re: [Synoptic-L] Westcott

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
      On 12 Jan 2004 at 8:03, Jim West wrote:

      > I thought listers may like to know that born this day in 1825 was,
      > Brooke Foss Westcott, near Birmingham, England.

      Nice to see the Birmingham link. Westcott went to King Edward VI
      School in Birmingham just down the road from where I am sitting now.
      He met J. B. Lightfoot there. Later in the century Bernard Pyne
      Grenfell also went to King Edward VI school where his father, John
      Granville Grenfell was master.

      Mark
      Graduate Institute for Theology and Religion
      Dept of Theology
      University of Birmingham
      Elmfield House, Selly Oak tel.: +44 121 414 7512
      Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax.: +44 121 415 8376

      http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
      http://NTGateway.com