forwarded note

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004
      Dear colleagues,

      I am happy to announce that the Ancient World Mapping Center has just
      added twenty-eight new maps relating to central themes in Roman
      history to its "Maps for Students Map Room." These maps are available
      for free download and free reproduction and redistribution for
      non-profit personal and educational purposes.

      These maps were prepared to accompany the new book by Mary T.
      Boatwright, Daniel J. Gargola and Richard J.A. Talbert, The Romans
      from Village to Empire: A History of Ancient Rome from Earliest Times
      to Constantine, Oxford University Press, 2004 (ISBN: 0-19-511875-8).
      Publisher's information on the book is available at (watch the wrap):
      http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/ClassicalStudies/AncientHis
      tory/Roman/?view=usa&ci=0195118758

      Please visit our homepage ( http://www.unc.edu/awmc ) or jump
      directly to the map room ( http://www.unc.edu/awmc/downloads ) for
      more information.

      Please feel free to forward this message to other lists where it may
      be of interest.

      Best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year!

      Tom

      Tom Elliott, Ph.D. (tom_elliott@...)
      Director, Ancient World Mapping Center

      http://www.unc.edu/awmc

      CB#8110, 5010 Davis Library
      University of North Carolina
      Chapel Hill, NC 27599-8110
      U.S.A.
      Dr Jim West
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
      http://biblical-studies.org -- Biblical Studies Resources
      http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com --- Biblical Theology Weblog

      Bad exegesis is no less worse than bad conduct.
      Tertullian, On Purity