supposed ossuary of Peter in Jerusalem

  • Marcia Dietrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2004
      Hello all,

      I'm not a regular contributer, but remembered this group had a lot of
      great information and discussion on the James ossuary when that was a
      hot topic.

      Was wondering if anyone here knows anything on this:
      http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm

      Supposedly Peter's bones found in a grave in Jerusalem.

      First I find the website source itself questionable (it is
      antiCatholic), then in a quick read I see that the ossuary is only
      marked "Simon bar Jona(h)" and not marked as being Peter which I
      would expect.

      So is there any tradition (direct testimony) that Peter died and was
      buried in Jerusalem? Is this 1953 find one that was long ago
      dismissed with good reason? Any credence at all to this claim?

      much appreciated,
      Marcia