RE: [XTalk] 4Q521 and Luke

  • Richard H. Anderson
    Message 1 of 76 , Dec 3, 2003
      >The Jewish expectation for a coming Davidic King was particularly
      >prominent among Palestinian Jews; it was less so among
      > Jews in the Diaspora.

      Brian Trafford asked:
      What evidence do you have for this?
      see M.L. Strauss, The Davidic Messiah in Luke-Acts, (Sheffield, 1995), 19.

      I believe that Bob Schacht has covered the other issues you raised.

      Richard H. Anderson
    • Ted Weeden
      Message 76 of 76 , Dec 18, 2003
        Dear Listers,

        I had indicated two weeks ago that I would submit my own response to
        article which Jeffrey Gibson has offered to upload to the Xtalk articles
        page. With the demand of other matters, it has taken far longer than I had
        envisioned to complete the article. And with the holidays at hand, it
        looks like I cannot get this article out until after the first of the year.
        I plan in the article not only to deal with matters related to the "Messiah"
        thread but also to incorporate in it issues related to the "4Q521" thread
        and the "Gospel of Mary Magdalene" thread, which I had introduced.

        Happy holidays to you all.

        Ted Weeden