Re: Messiah in spite of himself

  • Brian Trafford
    Message 1 of 76 , Nov 28, 2003
      --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, Austin Meredith <Kouroo@b...>
      wrote:
      >Follow the money. Imagine Peter declaring "Look guys, this is
      >getting us exactly nowhere -- what we gotta have is a scapegoat, so
      >we can get organized. Judas, go to your contacts. We'll give them,
      >mmm, who -- well, Jesus is the one who won't get with the program,
      >so, let's give them Jesus." The rest is history.

      Umm... Peter and the Twelve conspired to sell out Jesus to the
      Romans, and then built a relgion around him?

      I understand that you were just having some fun with what you have
      said above, but this is a serious list Austin. If you have a theory,
      please present your arguments and evidence.

      Brian Trafford
      Calgary, AB, Canada
    • Ted Weeden
      Message 76 of 76 , Dec 18, 2003
        Dear Listers,

        I had indicated two weeks ago that I would submit my own response to
        article which Jeffrey Gibson has offered to upload to the Xtalk articles
        page. With the demand of other matters, it has taken far longer than I had
        envisioned to complete the article. And with the holidays at hand, it
        looks like I cannot get this article out until after the first of the year.
        I plan in the article not only to deal with matters related to the "Messiah"
        thread but also to incorporate in it issues related to the "4Q521" thread
        and the "Gospel of Mary Magdalene" thread, which I had introduced.

        Happy holidays to you all.

        Ted Weeden