NYT Article: Critic's Notebook: The Volatile Notion of a Married Jesus

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      Be prepared to get bombarded from your friends and students about this ABC
      special tonight. My brother (a librarian) already asked me about the thesis
      of this book several weeks ago.

      Bob

      >Critic's Notebook: The Volatile Notion of a Married Jesus
      >
      >November 3, 2003
      > By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN
      >
      >Half a dozen religious leaders joined David Westin, the
      >president of ABC News, and others from the network and the
      >press for lunch on the 22nd floor of ABC building on 66th
      >Street in Manhattan late last week. ...
      >Part symposium and part focus group, the meeting had been
      >convened to discuss "Jesus, Mary and da Vinci," tonight's
      >ABC News special; the show is a woolly and underthought
      >treatment of the religious sophistry in "The Da Vinci
      >Code," the best-selling novel by Dan Brown. ...

      For the full article, visit

      >http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/03/arts/television/03HEFF.html?ex=1068869673&ei=1&en=e45e06e7fe514c4a
      >

      >Copyright 2003 The New York Times Company

      Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D., Research Associate
      Northern Arizona University
      Flagstaff, AZ
      (928) 527-4002