ANAWIM...

  • heifromheinola
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      This is my first posting to this site. I came across a new group of
      people in the bible known as the ANAWIM. This has to do with the
      very poor and outsiders in scriptures. I have found some web sites
      related to catholic ministries, but not the history of this Jewish
      group in the bible.
      I came across this word in Raymond Brown´s book on the Birth of
      the
      Messiah, pp 350. Jesus´ ministry was mainly to those who are poor
      and who were consider the downtrodden and outcasts of society. This
      is why it was such "good-news" to them.
      Does anybody know more of the history of ANAWIM?

      Shalom from Finland,
      David.