Comments on "Was Jesus Married?" article.

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2003
      Paleojudica has a link to a new article in
      BeliefNet about Jesus being married. Even
      though it was a readable article and decent
      article (as these things go), I was a bit
      disappointed that it did not discuss Matt.
      19:12, about which Gibbon famously
      remarked that Origen interpreted literally
      rather than allegorically as his custom.

      At any rate, the article quoted Bock for
      saying "Anyone who argues that there were
      women who had a full-orbed ministerial role
      in the time of Jesus thatÂ’s equal to the Twelve
      Apostles is arguing beyond speculation."

      I'm wondering how many of the Twelve
      actually had "full-orbed" ministerial roles in
      the time of Jesus.

      Stephen Carlson

      --
      Stephen C. Carlson,