Citation Help

  • Zeba Crook
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      If there is anyone out there with Thiselton's commentary, _The First
      Epistle to the Corinthians_ (NIGTC, 2000) close at hand, I've made a
      citation I need checked for errors and I no longer have access to the
      book. Here is what I have: "Cost in Christian labour, far from
      suggesting the absence of God's grace, presupposes the gift of such
      grace to persecute the work through all obstacles" (p. 1212).

      I'm also very suspicious about the page number here. I know I used the
      book, but was it really that long? Other page numbers I have to
      Thiselton are for more reasonable page numbers like 695; 668, etc. So
      I'm also wondering whether p. 1212 for the above quote can be right. If
      it helps to find the correct page, Thiselton is talking about charis,
      possibly in reference to 1 Cor 15:8-10.

      Thanks is advance to any who can help me here.

      Cheers,

      Zeb

    • Jacob Knee
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        Page number is correct. The full sentence from which the quote is taken is:

        'The emphasis on labor reminds us that difficulty and cost in Christian
        work, far from suggesting an absence of God's grace, presupposes the gift of
        such grace to prosecute the work through all obstacles (see 2 Cor 11:23-27)'

        Best wishes,
        Jacob Knee
        (Cam, Glos.)

[...]

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511