Re: [XTalk] The Aramaic Idiom

  • Larry Swain
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003
      Jack,

      With Brian, I must raise a question there. WHile I agree with you that frequently references to bread, wine, leaven etc refer to teaching and not to "bread," the context of the last meal of Jesus with the disciples suggests that in this context "bread" is just bread, not teaching. I don't see how the context, and how this was understood by Paul and the Didache, could possibly have morphed from "He took the bread and broke it, saying "This is my body" means "This is my teaching".

      Warm Regards,

      Larry Swain
      http://www.operamail.com
      Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year