sahidic NT

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
      Listers,

      can anyone tell me where i can get a sahidic NT? Oddly, amazon doesn't list
      one.

      thanks

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Jim West
      Quartz Hill School of Theology
      Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies

      Biblical Studies Resources
      http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • kirby@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2003
        On 25 Jul 2003, at 21:53, Jim West wrote:

        > Listers,
        >
        > can anyone tell me where i can get a sahidic NT? Oddly, amazon doesn't list
        > one.

        Horner, George. The Coptic Version of the New Testament. 1898.
        11 vols: c. 500 pp. each. Coptic text of the Bohairic and Sahidic
        versions, with English translation, huge critical apparatus,
        introductions, notes. Essential for N.T. textual criticism. 1310. $425.

        Available through "Good Books Scholarly Reprints" here:

        http://members.aol.com/goodbooks7/Biblical.htm

        I purchased this a few weeks ago, and it is worth it, in my opinion. As far
        as I know, there is no more recent critical edition.

        If you don't need a hard copy or apparatus, then this may do the trick
        (though I have no personal experience with it):

        http://www.stshenouda.com/society/copticcd.htm

        best,
        Peter Kirby (student at Fullerton College, CA)