Re: Mark's Epilogue (15,42 - 16,8)

  • Mike Grondin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2003
      > Seems to me that this
      > model corresponds pretty well with what we about the three.

      Most ms witnesses correct this to read:

      > Seems to me that this
      > model corresponds pretty well with what we KNOW about the three.

      (Fitzmeyer suggests that the missing verb-phrase might have
      been "what we wish we knew", but that seems unlikely.)

      Some mss have "the pillars" in place of "the three". Not only is the
      wording of these later copies more elegant, but, ironically, they
      seem to more accurately reflect the intentions of the author than
      his own autograph.

      Mike <g>