Fwd: NYT Review of Pagel's new book on GThomas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2003
      Pagels' book is titled, "Beyond Belief: The Secret Gospel of Thomas."

      Given norms on this list, I should probably not post the whole NYT review,
      but you can see it for yourself at
      http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/14/books/14PAGE.html?ex=1056600649&ei=1&en=f576130d3d0d36a5

      The article is titled:

      >The Heresy That Saved a Skeptic
      >
      >June 14, 2003
      >By DINITIA SMITH

      The review says little or nothing about what Pagels wrote about Jesus--
      i.e., what, if anything, does GThomas tell us about the historical Jesus
      that we don't already "know" from the synoptic Gospels? Has anyone read the
      book, so you can give us some info about what Pagels writes about that?

      A few snippets: