Re: [XTalk] Mark's Epilogue (15,42 - 16,8)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2003
      Karel Hanhart wrote:

      > Dear listers,
      >
      > As I announced earlier you'll find attached a first instalment of a
      > number of theses concerning
      > Mark's open tomb narrative. As far as I know, no alternative to
      > William L.Craig's able defence of a literal
      > understanding of Mark 15,42 - 16,8 has thus far been offered (see New
      > Testament Studies 30.2 and 31.1), based on a text by text exegesis.
      > However, did Mark want his readers to believe that the three women
      > discovered Jesus' grave to be empty that Sundaymorning? If the text
      > does not warrant a literal interpretation, what message did Mark want
      > to convey?
      > In these theses I am offering an alternative. The numbered theses may
      > help to focus the debate on a specific issue as part of the entire
      > argumentation concerning Mark's witness to the resurrection. I am
      > referring especially to the argumentation in my "The Open Tomb, a New
      > Approach", Liturgical Press, Collegeville, 1995. This first instalment
      > is related to the text.itself of Mark's ending. Off-list
      > correspondence is also welcomed.

      I'm sending this message onlist and not just to Karel personally because
      it will help to explain why no one saw the attachment that Karel says
      above that he enclosed.

      Karel,

      The software that runs XTalk is set up to strip attachments from
      messages, so your attachment didn't come through.

      More importantly, and as our protocols state, anything that a list
      member wishes to post that is as long as your attachment is should
      **not** be posted directly to the List. One must first send it to the
      moderators who will then, after deciding whether or not the article is
      appropriate for the List, upload it to our "articles for review"
      section. (This procedure has spared us spared being subjected to crank
      science articles and "the NT was all written by Piso or Josephus or
      space aliens" posts).

      So I ask you to send what you have to me OFF LIST and then it will be
      uploaded to the appropriate section in our files and announced as
      available for viewing.

      Thanks in advance for your co-operation with this.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)