Re: [XTalk] Luke and John

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      From: Eric Eve <eric.eve@...>
      To: Crosstalk <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:17 AM
      Subject: Re: [XTalk] Luke and John

      > Brain Trafford wrote:
      >
      > > I have already been referred off list to _In Dialogue With Another
      > > Gospel?: The Influence of the Fourth Gospel on the Passion Narrative
      > > of the Gospel of Luke_ , by Mark Matson. This, and other books on
      > > possible Luke/John connections would be of great interest to me.
      >
      > Have you come across _New Light on Luke: Its Purpose, Sources and Literary
      > Context_
      > be Barbara Shellard (JSNT Supplement Series. Sheffield Academic, New York,
      > 2002. ISBN 1-84127-236-1)?

      You'll find much in the works of Frans Neirynck.
      At the risk of self-advertisement:
      I wrote on article ' The Structure of John 1,35 - 4,54' in
      "Studies in John" (presented to Prof. Dr J.N.Sevenster) in
      Supplements to Novum Testamentum vol XXIV, E.J.Brill, Leiden (1970) 22-46.
      I am defending John's extensive use of Luke and of Acts.

      cordially

      Karel