Re: [XTalk] Bultmann Reads Mother Goose - test reply

  • Anthony Buglass
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2003
      Hello, is there anybody there?
      It all went very quiet after Mother Goose got the Bultmann treatment. Either everyone is pondering the joke, trying to think of a better one, or the system has gone down.
      Just checking...

      Ceers,
      Rev Tony Buglass
      Pickering Methodist Circuit

    • Rikk E. Watts
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        HI Tony,

        I'm here... but up to my ears in marking.

        Regards

        Rikk

        (I enjoyed the post..)
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2003
          Hi Tony,

          Evidently the treasure of her Golden Egg has been buried in the field by the
          Samaritan who decided to otherwise squander his assets in a foreign land
          whereupon he had to face an unjust judge...

          Anyway... best I can tell the system is on

          Gordon
          ----------
          >From: "Anthony Buglass" <TonyBuglass@...>

          >Hello, is there anybody there?
        • David C. Hindley
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2003
            Rev Tony Buglass,

            >>Hello, is there anybody there?
            It all went very quiet after Mother Goose got the Bultmann treatment.
            Either everyone is pondering the joke, trying to think of a better one, or
            the system has gone down.
            Just checking...<<

            Tony,

            Traffic really dropped around the end of the prior year. The traffic on all
            groups I participate in (except ANE) seemed to drop as soon as hostilities
            started in Iraq, but so far have not returned to norble.

            But ... who needs spoofs when journals are filled with lengthy articles on
            esoteric (and often trivial, when looked at in the big picture of things)
            subjects? <g>

            Respectfully,

            Dave Hindley
            Cleveland, Ohio, USA
          • LeeEdgarTyler@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2003
              In a message dated 5/2/2003 9:12:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, rwatts@... writes:

              > HI Tony,
              >
              > I'm here... but up to my ears in marking.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Rikk

              Same here. I thought for a while there that the list had vanished. I'll be posting a short bibliography on the resurrection folklore you asked for as soon as I get to the bottom of this pile of term papers. 'Tis the season, right?

              Ed Tyler
            • Anthony Buglass
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2003
                Gordon wrote:
                Anyway... best I can tell the system is on

                Rikk added:
                I'm here... but up to my ears in marking.

                Ed added:
                Same here. I thought for a while there that the list had vanished.

                Oh, good. I thought it might be something to do with exams and things, but I can't ever remember five whole days of silence from Crosstalkers. I got worried, especially after a Bultmann episode, and thought - they can't all have been demythologised? I've read Käsemann: there must be someone.. er .. something we can know about other Crosstalkers?

                Glad to know everyone is still out there, so I can tell my existentialist angst to go away again. I'm not virtually alone after all!

                Cheers,
                Rev Tony Buglass
                Pickering Methodist Circuit

              • Jim West
                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2003
                  No- the problem is your Bultmann blasphemy. God is punishing you for the
                  subject line.

                  At 09:00 PM 5/2/03 +0100, you wrote:
                  >Gordon wrote:
                  >Anyway... best I can tell the system is on

                  Jim

                  Jim West, ThD

                  Biblical Studies Resources
                  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

                  unus quisque mavult credere, quam judicare - Seneca.