another jesus movie?

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2003
      Listers may or may not have already heard of Mel Gibson's film effort to
      portray the last 12 hours of Jesus' life (with the dialogue in Latin and
      Aramaic!); but in case you haven't- you might want to look at

      http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808434069&intl=us

      Also of interest may be the foundational text for Gibson's movie-

      http://www.emmerich1.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION_OF_OUR_LORD_JESUS_CHRIST.htm

      As its Easter Season perhaps folk may like to take a look at these.

      Best

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      Biblical Studies Resources
      http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • Lisbeth S. Fried
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2003
        Dear Jim, I have heard it's virulently anti-semitic.
        Liz
        Listers may or may not have already heard of Mel Gibson's film effort to
        portray the last 12 hours of Jesus' life (with the dialogue in Latin and
        Aramaic!); but in case you haven't- you might want to look at

        http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808434069&intl=us

        Also of interest may be the foundational text for Gibson's movie-

        http://www.emmerich1.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION_OF_OUR_LORD_JESUS_CHRIST.htm

        As its Easter Season perhaps folk may like to take a look at these.

        Best

        Jim

        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Jim West, ThD

        Biblical Studies Resources
        http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        crosstalk2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        List managers may be contacted directly at:
        crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com

      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2003
          At 04:32 PM 4/9/03 -0400, you wrote:
          >Dear Jim, I have heard it's virulently anti-semitic.

          So far as I know it isnt even finished yet. How could it be anything?
          Im interested in how you heard that. Thanks

          Jim

          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2003
            It's coming over on all the Jewish lists I'm on.
            The listers talk about both Mel Gibson and the movie.
            I'll see if I have kept any of the messages.
            Liz
            >Dear Jim, I have heard it's virulently anti-semitic.

            So far as I know it isnt even finished yet. How could it be anything?
            Im interested in how you heard that. Thanks

            Jim

            Jim West, ThD

            Biblical Studies Resources
            http://web.infoave.net/~jwest