Re: [XTalk] Re: testing Acts 27-28

  • Matthew Estrada
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2003

      Antonio Jerez wrote again:

      >John�s miracle scenes, most notably the wedding in
      >Canaa and the raising of Lazarus do not inspire any
      >confidence among historians of the author being the
      >least interested in writing history. The metaphorical
      >and symbolical raison de aitre for these stories is
      >so obvious that we don�t have to go searching for
      >historical veracity in them.

      My question to Antonio:

      Which is it, Antonio? Was the author of John's gospel
      writing what he believed to be historical events, or
      was he consciously writing metaphorical/symbolic
      stories? If the latter, why, then would you doubt him
      as a witness if he never claimed to be a witness of
      literal-historical events in the way many wish to
      interpret his stories (you seemingly being one of
      them, and yet seemingly contradicting yourself later
      on)?

      =====

      Matthew Estrada

      113 Laurel Court