Re: [XTalk] Re: Dating Luke/Acts

  • Antonio Jerez
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 2, 2003
      An interesting message from Ken Olson

      > Luke says that "many" (POLLOI) "orderly accounts" or "narratives arranged in
      > order" (ANATAXASQAI DIHGHSIN) have already been written. While the word
      > "undertaken" (EPECEIRHSAN) may suggest that he considers these accounts less
      > than satisfactory for some reason, the fact that he says that he "too"
      > (KAMOI) has written one would seem to indicate that their works were of the
      > same genre as his own.

      Some years ago me, Mark Goodacre, Mahlon Smith and a few other participants had a
      very prolonged discussion where Mark and me argued along exactly these lines. I still believe'
      that Lukes own words in his prologue together with the indications in his text makes it almost certain
      that he knew both GMark and GMatthew.

      Best wishes

      Antonio Jerez
    • Antonio Jerez