Re: [XTalk] New Jesus film on the way

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
      Bob Schacht wrote:

      > At 11:55 PM 1/21/2003 +0100, Antonio Jerez wrote:
      > >Might interest some folks on the list (not the least our Jesus films
      > >expert Mark Goodacre) that a new
      > >Jesus film is being filmed at the moment. None other than Mel Gibson
      > (!)
      > >is the director and the title
      > >is The Passion. Looks like the story is about Jesus passion in
      > Jerusalem.
      > >The actors are supposedly going
      > >to speak latin and arameic (???) and according to the article Gibson
      > wants
      > >to air the film without subtitles.
      > >Sounds like a joke to me, but who knows.
      > >An article about the project can be read at:
      >
      > http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101030127-409570,00.html

      There's been some discussion of this film on the Classic's List for some
      time now. List members might like to check that List's archives to see
      what's been said there.

      Also, the ever intrepid David Meadows has also posted just about
      everything that one is able to find online on the film in his excellent
      (and highly recommended) Explorator, a weekly update on things on the
      web that are of interest to Classicists and their ilk.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --
      ---