Re: [XTalk] Mary Magdalene and Women in the Early "Church"

  • Zeba Crook
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
      Richard Anderson wrote:

      > >Thanks for your reply. My instincts tell me that the abundance of
      > >references in the Gospels to women accompanying and interacting with
      > >Jesus hints at something like "gender inclusiveness" re: HJ.

      I don't think the word has been used yet, but still for those interested I'd
      recommend reading this article when it comes out.

      Elliott, J. H. "Jesus Was Not an Egalitarian: A Critique of an Anachronistic and
      Idealist Theory". BTB 32 (2002), forthcoming.

      Cheers,

      Zeb

      ***

      Zeba Antonin Crook (Ph.D. Cand)