[crosstalk2] Re: Cephas/Peter Was: Drastic Measures

  • Tom Simms
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 1999
      On Mon, 24 May 1999 00:34:45 +0200, mc2499@... writes:

      >>the Epistle of the Apostles:
      >>
      >>"2 We, John, Thomas, Peter, Andrew, James, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew,
      >>Nathanael, Judas Zelotes, and Cephas, write unto the churches of the east
      >>and the west, of the north and the south declaring and imparting unto you
      >>that which concerneth our Lord Jesus Christ: we do write according as we
      >>have seen and heard and touched him, after that he was risen from the dead:
      >>and how that he revealed unto us things mighty and wonderful and true."
      >
      >One more thing. Can you imagine when such a text could actually have been
      >written, given the strength of the apostolic tradition as used against
      >Marcion and the Roman gnostics such as Basilides and Valentinus?
      >

      >Ian

      BTW, Ian

      Did you note Jan Sammer's co-author of his paper on John 19:25?
      The name ring a bell? Livio Catullo Stecchini? Have you never
      read his lucid exposition on the mathematics of the pyramid where
      he shows clearly the Egyptians knew how to square the circle but
      also to cube the sphere! Peter Tomplins text on (drum roll - hokey title)
      _The Mystery of the Great Pyramid_ has Stecchini's analysis in
      Chapter XV, the golden Section, which follows an equally thorough
      mathematical analysis of ziggurats. I haven't done goldem mean
      calcualtions with both Phi and Pi for years - Astounding!!

      If the same intellect is fashioning the spitballs for Jan, there's
      real substance behind them. I've used his appendix on the
      navigational implications of Giza for a decade, every time I want to put
      Pyramidiots in a box and deep six them.

      (I was gonna complain you were using mighty late material...)

      Tom Simms

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2