Oops! My Apologies!

  • Ted Weeden
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2002
      Richard Anderson had written in his last post in response to my post, "Was
      Jesus and Anamoly" : "Martin Luther came from peasant stock."

      I mistakenly read "Martin Luther" as "Martin Luther King, Jr." Alas, my
      eyes deceived me or my mind has left me! My sincere and deep apologies to
      you, Richard, for my reply in which I gave a summation of Martin Luther King
      Jr.'s background, when you were talking about Martin Luther.

      Richard, you are correct. Martin Luther did come from peasant stock. Even
      so, by the time Luther was an adolescence, his father had become somewhat
      prosperous via the leasing of iron furnaces and pits. Luther also was
      well-schooled. He went to the noted university at Erfurt and was trained in
      Ockhamist scholasticism. Thus, Luther was of some significant social status
      of his time, even though, as you correctly point out, Richard, he was from
      peasant stock.

      Again my apologies!

      Regards,

      Ted