Re: [XTalk] A map of Roman "invasiveness"

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2002
      Steve,

      One should also evaluate how the suppression by a foreign
      dicatatorial regime is perceived by the population of a small
      freedom loving nation. It strikes me, having lived in Canada
      and the USA that their citizens find it more difficult to assess
      their feelings and experiences than say Lithanians or
      Hungarians. A mere percentage point of how bad the repression
      was at a certain period of Roman occupation tends to be
      misleading as it doesn't assess the perception of the Judean
      people of that period and thus lacks the required objectivity.

      cordially
      Karel