[XTalk] Grondin Re: Proof

  • mwgrondin
    Message 1 of 104 , Sep 2 2:31 PM
      --- Bob Schacht wrote:
      > Does this help?

      Well, yes and no. Based on the definition of 'haphazard' as
      involving carelessness, I'm inclined to take back my agreement
      with you that the known set of historical evidence was in general
      "haphazardly selected". But it might be more fruitful to talk about
      individual items before we generalize to the collection as a whole.
      What would you say about the DSS and Nag Hammadi finds, for example?
      Since the NH texts were discovered by chance, it seems correct to
      say that that evidence was gathered randomly. I know less about the
      DSS discovery, but I'm sure you can elucidate. The more general
      question, of course, is this: should we perhaps abstain from
      attempting to characterize the evidentiary status of the entire set
      of known NT-related artifacts, since there are evidently so many
      differences in the way that individual items came down to us?

      Mike
    • Thomas G. Barnes
      Message 104 of 104 , Nov 13, 2002
        I know this is off topic, however, during the past few days I noticed the
        discussion going on about the use of copyrighhted material. Anyway, my
        question is this, how do I properly cite a web page I used information from
        in an academic paper. I am a student and an interested historical Jesus
        individual. I realize this is off topic so please send reply to me off the
        list.

        Thomas G. Barnes
        Philadelphia, PA
        Temple University