RE: [XTalk] Re: Proof

  • David C. Hindley
    Message 1 of 104 , Sep 1, 2002
      Well,

      That last paragraph or two didn't make a lot of sense when I read it again.
      <At least I am consistent when it comes to senselessness>

      >>It seems to me that we should really consider possibility and plausibility
      as related, and differentiate this set of constructs from probability.<,

      This did not cohere with the following:

      >>POSSIBLE
      PROBABLE (in cases where statistical proofs can be calculated)
      PLAUSIBLE (in all other cases, including historical)<<

      The latter is what I intended to say. Probability and plausibility are
      subsets of possible things.

      >>Someday, if I can ever find the time, I hope to look into this matter mush
      more seriously. The "if" part is the killer ... <<

      "Mush" like my brain. That should have been "much."

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    • Thomas G. Barnes
      Message 104 of 104 , Nov 13, 2002
        I know this is off topic, however, during the past few days I noticed the
        discussion going on about the use of copyrighhted material. Anyway, my
        question is this, how do I properly cite a web page I used information from
        in an academic paper. I am a student and an interested historical Jesus
        individual. I realize this is off topic so please send reply to me off the
        list.

        Thomas G. Barnes
        Philadelphia, PA
        Temple University