RE: More Re: [XTalk] Violence

  • Steve Black
    Message 1 of 104 , Aug 10, 2002
      Dave Hindley
      >There are statements in the NT, especially in the
      >Pauline epistles, that seem to attack Jews as an ethnic group. Even the
      >Jewish Gnostics did not seem to hate their own Jewishness in this way.

      Could you elaborate? Which texts do you suggest have this ethnic
      component? My first reaction is that there is no such reference to
      "ethnicity" (and it seems anachronistic to speak in such terms - but
      here I could be simply uninformed...), especially in Paul, but I
      would like to know what you are specifically referring to before I
      respond in full.
      --
      Steve Black
      Vancouver School of Theology

      Once in a while you can get shown the light
      in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

      -Robert Hunter From SCARLET BEGONIAS
    • Thomas G. Barnes
      Message 104 of 104 , Nov 13, 2002
        I know this is off topic, however, during the past few days I noticed the
        discussion going on about the use of copyrighhted material. Anyway, my
        question is this, how do I properly cite a web page I used information from
        in an academic paper. I am a student and an interested historical Jesus
        individual. I realize this is off topic so please send reply to me off the
        list.

        Thomas G. Barnes
        Philadelphia, PA
        Temple University