Re: [XTalk] Judeans versus Hebrews

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2002
      Hi Karel,

      Thanks for your note. As I originally said I don't have any huge argument
      with your position, but I do think my position pushes towards greater
      historical and theological precision. To seek to describe the various
      thought systems/ affirmation patterns is not simply a theological solution
      over against a historical solution, but it inclusive of both. Also, I think
      describing Jesus and his immediate friends as Galilean Hebrews is more
      precise historically and theologically than describing them as "Judeans." I
      think that saying that the earliest communities in the homeland were made up
      of Galileans and Judeans and Samaritans is better.

      take care,

      Gordon Raynal
      Inman, SC