Greek of Justin Martyr?

  • Peter Kirby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2002
      Hello,

      I was wondering about where I could find the original language for this passage
      in Justin Martyr:

      THE SECOND APOLOGY
      CHAPTER VI
      "And His Son, who alone is properly called Son, the Word, who also was with Him
      and was begotten before the works, when at first He created and arranged all
      things by Him, is called Christ, in reference to His being anointed and God's
      ordering all things through Him; this name itself also containing an unknown
      significance; as also the appellation 'God' is not a name, but an opinion
      implanted in the nature of men of a thing that can hardly be explained."

      If someone has easy access to the Greek and can provide the original language
      version of this sentence, that would be much appreciated. If this is preserved
      in Latin translation, that would work too.

      best,
      Peter Kirby