Re: [XTalk] Historical Jesus Theories

  • Peter Kirby
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 26, 2002
      From: "Emmanuel Fritsch" <emmanuel.fritsch@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 5:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [XTalk] Historical Jesus Theories

      > Hello Peter,
      >
      > Since you are interest in exotic theories on HJ, here
      > is a link to a site that claim him to be Caesar.
      >
      > http://www.carotta.de/pindex.html#english
      >
      > Enjoy.

      Actually, I don't think that I have spent much time with "exotic theories on
      HJ," as in fact I have never read one of the books that says Jesus traveled in
      India, or that Jesus and Mary Magdalene fathered a line of kings, or that Jesus
      was Caesar, and so on. I suppose that the views of the right wing including
      Stein are more conservative than exotic, and the views of G. A. Wells for
      example are not so much exotic as they are skeptical. The most exotic theorist
      currently on my list is probably Robert Eisenman.

      Did you find a book published after 1980 that propounds a Jesus-as-yogi theory?

      best,
      Peter Kirby