Re: [XTalk] (Fwd) William Arnal wins 2002 F.W. Beare Award from Canadian S

  • William Arnal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2002
      Mark Goodacre wrote:

      >I'm just catching up with a backlog of emails and was happy to see
      >the notice attached below and thought other Xtalkers would be pleased
      >too. Congratulations, Bill!
      >Mark
      >
      >------- Forwarded message follows -------
      > > Greetings from Minneapolis!
      > > Fortress Press is proud to announce that provocative study of
      > > Christian origins centered around early Christian involvement in
      > > social struggles in Galilee has been awarded a prestigious Canadian
      > > book prize. Please read the attachment below for more information.
      > > Best Wishes.

      Now honestly, how can a CANADIAN book prize be prestigious? And you'll be
      interested to know, Mark, that the last THREE books to win this prize were
      all on Q! The deck is clearly stacked!

      Thanks for your kind words, though.

      regards,
      Bill
      ___________________________
      William Arnal
      Department of Religion
      University of Manitoba

    • LAlbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2002
        >I'm just catching up with a backlog of emails and was happy to see
        >the notice attached below and thought other Xtalkers would be pleased
        >too. Congratulations, Bill!
        >Mark
        >
        >------- Forwarded message follows -------
        > > Greetings from Minneapolis!
        > > Fortress Press is proud to announce that provocative study of
        > > Christian origins centered around early Christian involvement in
        > > social struggles in Galilee has been awarded a prestigious Canadian
        > > book prize. Please read the attachment below for more information.
        > > Best Wishes.

        Now honestly, how can a CANADIAN book prize be prestigious? And you'll be
        interested to know, Mark, that the last THREE books to win this prize were
        all on Q! The deck is clearly stacked!

        Thanks for your kind words, though.

        regards,
        Bill

        Congrat's, Bill. What were those other three books?
        Leon

      • William Arnal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2002
          Leon Albert wrote:

          > Congrat's, Bill. What were those other three books?

          I was including mine in the three. The other two were Kloppenborg's
          _Excavating Q_ and Alan Kirk's massive tome from Brill, the exact title of
          which escapes me at the moment, but it's something like _The Composition of
          the Sayings Source_ or some such thing. The Canadian Society of Biblical
          Studies web page (I don't know the URL off hand, but it'd be easy to find
          with a search) lists all the past winners.

          regards,
          Bill
          William Arnal
          Department of Religion