8586RE: [XTalk] Dating of GMark

  • Richard Anderson
    Dec 1, 2001
      Brian and Michael et al., greetings:

      Clearly he is telling us that Alexander >and Rufus fit into the mold of
      >"legendary characters", yet he has no >evidence at all that they are
      >legendary.

      About 40 years ago N. Avigad wrote an article about a depository of
      inscribed ossuaries found in the Kidron Valley in the Israel Exploration
      Journal wherein he stated that the members of this family belonged to the
      community of Cyrenian Jews known to have existed in Jerusalem. One of the
      inscribed ossuaries stated Alexander, son of Simon and Avigad indicated that
      J.T. Milik had proposed that the tomb in question belonged to the family of
      the man who helped Jesus carry the cross.

      I think it is fair to say that these individuals are not legendary
      characters but real historical figures who inscribed ossuaries provide
      documentary evidence.

      Richard H. Anderson
      Wallingford PA
      http://www.geocities.com/gospelofluke

      I am unfortunately a customer of Comcast with internet connection thur
      Excite.com, a subcontractor of Comcast who filed bankruptcy. I apologize in
      advance if my service is disconnected and your reply to me is bounced.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic