      From: William Arnal
      Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:37 AM
      To: Crosstalk2 (list) ; gthomas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XTalk] Bob Schacht

      Hi everyone (cross posted to crosstalk and gthomas):

      I hate to begin your year with bad news, but I discovered last night that
      our very own Bob Schacht has passed away. I do not know the precise details,
      but my impression is that it was at home, and relatively sudden.

      I think this is a great loss to all of us. Bob has been a HUGE on-line
      presence since the very beginning of crosstalk -- which means some of us
      have been talking to him about Christian origins for almost twenty years.
      Always civil, clear, on point, and firm in his arguments, and indefatigable
      in his commitment to conversation on these lists. I do not think I ever met
      Bob face to face in all this time, so for me, at least, this has been a
      relationship undertaken completely on-line, first via email lists, then
      facebook as well. Yet I find myself feeling like Bob was a friend of
      long-standing and substance, and I think my life, at least, is and will be
      diminished by his absence.

      best regards, all,
      Bill

      List managers may be contacted directly at: