24017Raynal & Mealand Re: [XTalk] Re: 1st C CE Pentecostal dissociation

    Jan 12, 2012
      At 03:44 PM 1/12/2012, Gordon Raynal wrote:
      >David,
      >
      >Thanks for this note.

      But it is important also to realize that Paul would not have written
      this if he had not encountered glossolalia, and that Paul was writing
      about a generation after the Crucifixion, whereas Acts purports to
      describe something that happened a short time after the Crucifixion.
      And Paul does refer to glossolalia as one of the gifts of the spirit,
      and therefore legitimate. So we do have a phenomenon that is
      important to study and understand.

      Bob Schacht