23470Campbell on the "we passages"

  • Richard Fellows
    Sep 14, 2010
      William Campbell has a very interesting piece in JBL, in which he
      analyzes the styles of self-designation by Josephus, Polybius and
      Thucydides. I have reviewed his article here:

      http://paulandco-workers.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-passages-thucydides-polybius.html

      I use Campbell's data to argue that the author of Acts was present
      with Paul before the "We passages" as well as during them. Campbell
      himself seems to have overlooked this possibility and comes to a very
      different conclusion.

      Let me know what you think.

      Richard Fellows
      Vancouver