      From: Lewis Reich
      To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:42 AM
      Subject: RE: [XTalk] THE TEMPLE OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

      I do not think that would have caused any outrage to the rest of the Jewish
      population. We should recall that the members of the Jesus sect continued
      to worship at the Temple after Jesus' death. If the rest of the Jewish
      community had been so outraged, I think that they would have made some
      difficulty about that.

      The "temple not made with hands" accusation certainly is strange, but of
      course we do not know whether Jesus actually said something along those
      lines or whether the accusation is historical and not simply part of Mark's
      theology.

      Lewis Reich

      List managers may be contacted directly at:
      crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com