23242Re: [XTalk] Re: Discontinuity and Multiple Attestation

  • Loren Rosson
    Jun 17, 2009
      Chris, you wrote that "universal
      application is hard without an examination of each particular case", and I
      certainly agree; it should almost go without saying. But my original point was
      that the criterion of discontinuity (with early Christianity) is flawed **in
      principle**, while other criteria at least have the right idea, even when
      problematic in certain cases. Neither of us are wild about discontinuity with Judaism either,
      and I'd almost go so far as to say that one is flawed in principle too (for
      different reasons).

      Loren Rosson III

      Nashua NH

      http://lorenrosson.blogspot.com/