21923Re: [XTalk] Passover and Sabbaths

  • Robert Griffin
    Feb 28, 2007
      If, as is stated elsewhere, the Qumran & Jubilees solar year began on
      a Wednesday, and if the first month were Abib/Nisan, then the
      variation between the Qumran calendar and the Rabbinic calendar does
      not explain the differences between the Synoptics and John, because
      the Qumran calendar would always have Pesach begin on a Tuesday
      (which none of the gospels suggest).

      Thanks for your assistance,
      Bob Griffin
      BA. Religion, Pepperdine University

      --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, goranson@... wrote:
      > Annie Jaubert in the 1950s proposed using this calendar to
      > differences between John and the synoptics. I recommend: James C.
      > Calendars in the Dead Sea scrolls : measuring time (1998).
      > Stephen Goranson
      > http://www.duke.edu/~goranson
      > Quoting Robert Griffin <muggleorsquib@...>:
      > > Has anyone considered or calculated what on day of the week Pesach
      > > occurs in the calendar in 1Q4MMT or Jubilees? I've spent a bit of
      > > time trying to determine this, but haven't yet run across anything
      > > solid.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Bob Griffin
      > > BA, Religion, Pepperdine University