21844Re: [XTalk] Re: Today

  • david cook
    Feb 6, 2007
      Would not a simpler answer be that the artifact suggests that the prophet
      Joseph Smith was right - and that we need a careful (intratextual?) pomo
      reading of the Book of Mormon to seek further traces of Jesus and American
      football? Puns in reformed Egyptian - or just `mistranslations' after the
      style of C C Torrey could surely provide some `evidence'!
      David Cook
      Cranbrook School
      Cranbrook Kent UK

      >From: Gordon Raynal <scudi1@...>
      >To: crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [XTalk] Re: Today
      >Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:57:15 -0500
      >
      >My, My;)! Such responses on "a historical list!" The American
      >version of football wasn't invented until the 19th century... and I
      >think at Yale! So, I guess what this suggests is one of the following:
      >
      >The Gnostics were right and Jesus didn't die on the cross, but lived
      >on and on to enjoy such. Ken's iconographic evidence would seem to
      >point in that direction;)!
      >
      >or
      >
      >if Jeffery is right then the hyper-Calvinists are right and he
      >"foreknew it," but then what fun would there be in that;)!
      >
      >or
      >
      >most probably, the parabolic testimony has it right and what Jesus
      >really enjoyed was fine dining, drinking vino and sailing and
      >fishing:)! [so this leads to the question of who Jesus would favor in
      >the upcoming America's Cup race?]
      >
      >but then, being thought of as "a glutton and drunkard and a friend to
      >tax collectors and sinners," this brings up the question of exactly
      >which team Jesus would favor. Considering my wife's testimony and
      >that of several avid fans I know, then surely it would be LSU
      >football;)!
      >
      >Gordon Raynal
      >Inman, SC
      >
      >On Feb 5, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:
      >
      > > John E Staton <jestaton@...> wrote: Ken, Actually
      > > "football" is the correct term this side of the Atlantic - and
      > > everywhere else except the USA. And how one can describe as
      > > "football" a game where the ball spends more time in players' hands
      > > than on the floor beats me! To which I, adopting my George Carlin
      > > persona, intone: "It's a mystery."
      > >
      > > But Jesus would understand...
      > >
      > > Jeffery Hodges

      http://www.msn.txt4content.com/