13038Re: [XTalk] Re: Angelic John the Baptist (was "Angels" in Mark 13:27)

  • Crispin H.T. Fletcher-Louis
    Mar 11, 2003
      Don't know what to do with Lev 11 on Locusts - certainly interesting.

      Manna in the wilderness certainly must be related somehow to the honey JB
      eats. And, yes, this is not incompatible with the angelomorphic interp. of
      the honey given that the Israelites ate the "bread of angels" in the
      wilderness (Ps 78:25, and cf. the use of Ezek 16 for Passover in rabbinic
      On all this there are helpful references in: D. Goodman, "Do Angels Eat?,"
      JJS 37 (1986) 160-70.